|These are some key features of the fourth part of Grand Theft Auto:
- the name of the main character is Niko Bellic, who is from the east of Europe. He wants to live the American Dream in the USA
- Niko moved to Liberty City because his Cousin told him about leading a fine life with women, 15 sportcars and lots of cash
- Roman lied to our main character to cover up his failings and now Niko is the only person Roman has
- Roman has made a lot of enemies in Liberty before and he really needs your help
- GTA IV takes place in the present of Liberty City which is also known from GTA 3 and Liberty City Stories. The real complement of Liberty City is New York.
- four of the five New York’s districts are realized in GTA IV. The 5th borough of LC is a part of New Jersey.
- the name of the districts are Broker (Brooklyn), Algonquin (Manhattan), Dukes (Queens), Bohan (Bronx) and New Jersey gets the name Alderney
- the area is smaller in comparison to the map of San Andreas but there are more details. Another reason is that the area under cultivation growed and as a result of this the map of LC seems to be bigger than San Andread does.
- In GTA IV the Statue of Liberty is called the “Statue of Happiness” and the “DUMBO” (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) is called “BOABO” (Beneath the Offramp of the Algonquin Bridge Overpass)
- GTA IV includes a multiplayer mode but that will not base on MMO
- the multiplayer mode adapts to the gameplay of the singleplayer mode
- pedestrians and citizens are more realistic, sitting on a bank, smoking cigarettes or reading a book
- while driving the camera will be closer to the vehicle
- the animation of the characters are improved and are different from underground to underground
- the opportunities to spend time in Liberty City are large: you can call people to meet up with somebody
- there is not only one story possible in GTA IV. Depended on your way to play, there are different versions of stories possible
- Rockstar Games cooperates with experts of crime and retired police officers to make the story more realistic
- there will be no air plans in GTA IV because the game takes place in a reflection of New York City
- furthermore, there are no unrealistic vehicles available in Liberty City, which are not usual in New York
- instead of taking popular names of voice actors, Rockstar Games decided to choose voices which fit better to the characters
- there is only a loading screen when the game is starting. That means that there are no following loading times even when you are entering a building
- there are no differences between the Xbox 360 and PS3 version of GTA IV. But some extra stuff will be available online.
- Rockstar North is working for three years on GTA IV and Dan Houser compares the difference to GTA III to the difference between GTA I and GTA III
- the star of the game will be the city because this is the first time a city becomes so realistic in a videogame
- the production of GTA IV began in November, 2004
- according to Dan Houser Niko just came new to Liberty City. So both the player and Niko have no idea of their new home and are ready to explore the life of LC.
- Niko Bellic is in his 30’s and he had a shady past
- there is no way to change Niko’s body by eating or exercising. According to the producers the design of the character is perfect and any modification would ruin it.
- but you can choose different clothing
- Staten Island hasn’t found his way to the game because the producers think that this part of New York is not interesting for the player
- the missions of GTA IV are more realistic, longer, more versatile and furthermore, there are different endings possible
- Bridges will connect the different districts but they have to be unlocked. So the player has to acquire to be able to get to know the hole city
- Liberty City has no dead areas which means everywhere is something which wants to be explored.
- the mafia plays a tangential role in GTA IV
- there are hardly any characters from the previous games because most of them are already dead
- the behavior of the citizens adjusts to the day time
- driving and shooting become improved
Some of these features are also available as videos and TRAILERS at Rockstargames.com!
You are Niko Bellic and your cousin has lured you from eastern Europe to America with false promises. In the land of unlimited possibilities, money, cars and women do not actually await you, instead just the harsh reality of being a poor immigrant.
Roman’s taxi business isn’t exactly the most successful one and he doesn’t have what it takes for a life of crime either. Out of incompetence he has now gotten himself into serious trouble with the half of the underworld of Liberty City.
Now it becomes clear why Roman has brought Niko to America, not because the air of freedom tastes so sweet, but because Roman needs his help getting him out of this snafu which he gotten himself into because of greed. It’s not about ruling the underworld, but simply to survive!
But what are the options? To go back to a dark past, or to make a last stand and to fight for a life which this name deserves! Maybe one can’t go from dishwasher to millionaire, but you can at least make the dishes cleaner…
Rockstar Games has put significantly more realism into Grand Theft Auto IV. You can forget movies like ”The godfather” or“Scarface”, here you will dive right into the filth of crime. The world of the mafia and gang warfare is not noble, honorable or attractive – it is cold, brutal and damn lonely.
While the developers have continued with the same ironic social criticism, the perspective is different in this title so characters from previous ones will make an appearance.
Do you really dare step into this world? In a world where the goal is simply to survive? The American dream is dead, such is life! Your life – Your dream!
||Niko BellicNiko Bellic is the protagonist from the 4th chapter in the Grand Theft Auto series. Business in his little known eastern European home country is not going well.
On the other hand things seem to be going great for Nikos cousin in America: Supposedly he has more cars, women and money than he knows what to do with and convinces Niko to come to America.
Upon his arrival however he comes to realize that this was not entirely true…
||Roman BellicRoman is the cousin of Niko. He is well known as an optimist, liar and dreamer. These characteristics help Roman among other things in convincing Niko to come to America.
His lies and dreams can not disguise the fact that Roman has some serious problems: Instead of the supposed women, cars and money, he only has a small Taxi company and has many enemies in Liberty city as well.
||VladJust like Roman, Vlad lives in a world of fantasy. He thinks of himself as a big-time gangster with a feel for good deals. He is so convinced of this that he thinks he rules Brokers district “Hove”.
However in reality, he is just a small fish who is trying to make a name for himself in the scene with small deals.
||ElizabetaFor more than ten years now Elizabeta has been a successful drug dealer in Bohan. The secret to her success has been keeping her business small and inconspicuous. She also has an intuition to get people out of the business at the right time.
Since the police have been cracking down on drug dealers, Elizabeta has been a target of police investigations and thus under increasing pressure.
||MannyManny was formerly someone you wouldn’t want to come across on the street at night. He was there as graffiti, hip hop and break dancing were introduced.
But Manny has transformed himself from an ice cold gangster into someone who wants to clean up the streets of Liberty city. His target is to give other people a way out of the violence.
||BrucieBrucie could be described as a fitness junkie, car freak and self designated VIP. He lives the way he thinks the men in magazines would live and relishes it every day. The fact that he has nothing other than women and money doesn’t bother him. For him the only thing which is important is to be able to continue his current lifestyle.